Non-Discrimination ADA Information
No person shall, on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, status as a Vietnam-era veteran or national origin be excluded from participation, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any Gordon County Government program or activity. No qualified individual with a disability shall, by reason of such disability, be excluded from participation in or be denied the benefits of the services, programs, or activities of Gordon County Government, or be subjected to discrimination by Gordon County Government.
- Gordon County ADA Reasonable Modification Policy (PDF)
- Gordon County Title II ADA Transition Plan (PDF)
If you believe that you have been discriminated against, please complete the form below and return it to Human Resources, ADA Coordinator.
The Gordon County Government gives public notice of its policy to assure full compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related regulations. Specifically, Title VI provides that "no person in the United States shall, on the grounds of race, color, or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving federal financial assistance."
Toward this end, it is the Gordon County Government's objective to:
- Ensure that the level and quality of services are provided without regard to race, color or national origin;
- Identify and address, as appropriate, disproportionately high and adverse human health and environmental effects, including social and economic effects of programs and activities on minority populations and low-income populations;
- Promote the full and fair participation of all affected populations in decision making;
- Prevent the denial, reduction or delay in benefits related to programs and activities that benefit minority populations or low-income populations;
- Ensure meaningful access to programs and activities by persons with limited English proficiency.
For additional information on the County’s nondiscrimination obligations, please contact the Title VI Coordinator at:
Gordon County’s Title VI Coordinator
Risk Management Coordinator
P.O. Box 580, 201 North Wall Street
Calhoun, GA 30701
Phone: 706-629-3795, ext. 2312
If you believe that you have been excluded from participation in, been denied the benefits of, or been subjected to discrimination under any Gordon County Government service, program or activity, you may file an official Title VI complaint with the Title VI Coordinator. We encourage you to make your complaint in writing. The Title VI Complaint Procedures and Complaint Form can be obtained by calling the given number.