Absentee Ballots Through the Mail
Absentee ballots through the mail
Any eligible voter requesting an absentee ballot through the mail must submit a request in writing to the Gordon County Board of Elections and Voter Registration Office. You do not have to provide a reason when requesting an absentee ballot by mail.
Any registered voter may apply for an Absentee Ballot via our online application. Applications can only be accepted between 78 and 11 days before an election. Once the application is printed, below steps should be followed:
- Download application: download an application for an Absentee Ballot (PDF)
- Complete all applicable fields, print and sign.
- Please provide the required Physical Signature or mark in Section Eight.
- Please provide the Date of Birth in Section Seven.
- Please provide required Voter Identification in Section (7).
- You may apply for a ballot for a relative who is disabled or out of town, but that ballot will be mailed directly to the voter. The person providing assistance should provide a signature or mark in Section Ten and Section Eleven (11).
- Send the application to the Gordon County Board of Elections by one of the methods:
- Fax the absentee application to the Board of Elections and Registration office at 706-629-7198
- Mail your absentee application to Gordon County Board of Elections P.O. Box 715 Calhoun, GA 30703-0715
- Email your absentee application
- In-Person: Gordon County Board of Elections and Registration Office located at 408 Court Street, Calhoun, GA 30701
- Your application will be reviewed and upon approval, an absentee ballot will be mailed to your address.
- When you receive your ballot in the mail, vote your ballot, complete the oath of elector on the back of the yellow envelope and the ballot may either be delivered in person to the Elections Office or mailed to our office.