January 17, 2023
CASH AND INVESTMENTS
- The Cash and Investment report for the period ending December 31, 2023, is in your material for your review.
- Preparation of the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 budget begins in February. As usual, we expect to present a recommended budget to the BOC in May with adoption a month later in June.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND ACTIVITY
NEWTOWN JUVENILE COURT FACILITY
- The facility experienced extensive flood damage during the recent freeze. We have changed remediation companies and progress began last week.
NEW JUDICIAL BUILDING
- We have been experiencing plumbing issues with the original drain line under the first floor. Momon Construction has presented a plan to address the issue at a cost of $15,850. Jeff Champion states that, since changing out some plumbing fixtures, there have not been any issues. We will pause on this project for now and see if we need to move forward or not.
PUBLIC WORKS FACILITY
- Met with an expert regarding air quality issues in some of the offices. The expert's report indicated some contaminants were in the air but advised the levels are under OSHA limits. It was determined that the issues needed to be addressed. Momon Construction is working on a proposal.
- Drywall is completed on all floors. Trim work has begun on the first and second floor. First coat of paint has been applied on the first and second floors. Ceiling grids and lights are installed on the first and second floors. Starting on flooring on the first-floor next week. Elevator parts and equipment scheduled to arrive by the end of the month.
- Working on punch list items.
- Momon Construction will present an estimate for roof and cornice/gutter repairs in Q1.
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE
- Next steps are to update the Future Land Use Map; Meeting with Internal Steering Committee on January 19th; update the Community Work Program; and update the Report of Accomplishments.
- Code Enforcement is live. Planning and Zoning and Business Licenses are in progress. Expected completion for all departments is the end of March 2023.