August 1, 2023
SPLOST & LOST
- SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated July 31, 2023 reflect collections reported for June. For that period, SPLOST collections were $1,161,099.86 which is an $88,600.63 (8.91%) decrease over the same period last year. LOST collections were $742,679 which is a $49,959.08 (7.92%) decrease over the same period last year.
- The next major financial milestone for the BOC will be setting the millage rate. Historically we set the millage rate in the second meeting in September.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS & ACTIVITY
- 1960s Courthouse: This project is essentially complete with an open house date set for August 25.
- Administration Building: Renovation work has begun. Soffits have been replaced. Brick work is complete and roof replacement is underway.
- The Gordon County Development Authority met last week.
- Comcast will attend the work session on August 15. We expect to hear that all permits are current and construction is set to begin.
EMPLOYEE DEFINED BENEFIT PLAN
- ACCG will be setting dates for the end of this month to meet with employees and begin the planning process for participation in the defined benefit retirement plan.
CONDOLENCES TO FAMILY OF JEREMY WOMACK
- We were deeply saddened by the untimely passing of our employee, Jeremy Womack. Our hearts go out to his family in their devastating loss. Jeremy worked in the Tax Assessor’s office. If anyone wishes to voluntarily give to Jeremy’s family, the Tax Assessor’s office is collecting gift cards for them.
- Attended retirement party for GCBE Superintendent, Dr. Kim Fraker.
- General Administration Committee met.
- Attended the State of the Industry meeting.
- Met with Building Inspection, Fire Inspection and CFL as that company plans very significant expansions in the S. Hwy 41 and Trimble Hollow areas.
- KEITH KING MISC. ACTIVITY
- Completed the Introductory Budget course as a part of the Level 1 Finance Office Certification.
- Completed the ACCG Leadership Institute as a part of the ACCG Certified County Official course
- July 25th – Development Authority Meeting
- July 25th – General Administration Meeting
- July 26 – Had lunch at the Boys & Girls Club.
- Aug 1st – Community Task Force Meeting