June 6, 2023
SPLOST & LOST
- SPLOST and LOST revenue shown in the report dated May 31, 2023 reflect collections reported for April. For that period, SPLOST collections were $1,158,491.68 which is a $74,356.10 (7.67%) decrease over the same period last year. LOST collections were $711,920.22 which is a $69,091.24 (11.25%) decrease over the same period last year. Also, we are drafting proposed resolutions for the 2024 SPLOST referendum to be considered in November.
THIRD QUARTER FINANCIAL REPORT
- Is in your work session material.
- The advertised Public Hearing takes place tonight. Budget adoption is expected on June 20th.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS & ACTIVITY
- 1960s Courthouse: On schedule for completion in August 2023. Administration Building: Renovation work has begun. Soffits have been replaced. Brick work is underway and roof replacement is expected in July.
- Reviewed schematic designs (v1) on March 27th.
- Met with stakeholders on April 14, 2023
- Reconstruction to occur on same site
- Updated schematic is approximately 5200 sq ft
Salacoa Park Buildings (Phase 1)
- Concession stand renovations are complete.
- The Tennis Courts project should begin this month.
Evidence Building Morgue
- The BOC considers the contract for construction tonight.
- We are replacing awnings and painting the exterior.
NEW COUNTY WEBSITE
- The county website, gordoncounty.org, is old and I.T. is proposing new website software and services tonight.
- DCA has approved the draft comprehensive plan. The plan remains open for public comment. The plan and comment form may be linked from the homepage of the county website at gordoncounty.org. Plan adoption is scheduled for June 20th.
- The Gordon County Development Authority and the Gordon Floyd Development authority both met recently. A portion of the Gordon Floyd JDA property remains under contract for sale to a bio-digester firm that will turn food waste into gas.
- Code Enforcement is completed.
- Planning and Zoning is completed
- Business Licenses is almost completed.
- Some staff changeover at the provider has caused some delay.
RESACA RIBBON CUTTING
- We attended the ribbon cutting and open house at Resaca City Hall to observe the collection of artifacts from the Battle of Resaca and the renovated meeting space.
RANGER TOWN HALL
- Commissioner Cunningham hosted a town hall meeting in Ranger which is part of his Commission District. County Officials explained the local legislation, gave an accounting of money received from Ranger's general fund and SPLOST fund and gave an update on county work in the community.
- We look forward to the report from Comcast at tonight's meeting.
- May 17, 2023: North GA Administrator's Luncheon at the Cartersville Booth Museum
- May 19, 2023: Booster Breakfast / Tourism Expo
- May 19, 2023: Ribbon Cutting for Republic Services
- May 26, 2023: Ribbon Cutting for the Town of Resaca
- May 26, 2023: Met with GC Building Inspections and Town of Resaca Council
- May 30, 2023: Met with Steve Parris and Rusty Hogan concerning roads in Ranger
- May 30, 2023: Kick off meeting with CivicPlus - new county website
- May 31st - June 2nd: Attended ACCG Classes concerning Property Appraisals and Taxation
- June 5, 2023: Met with Derron Brown and Rocklyn Homes concerning North Point Subdivision on Soldiers Pathway
- June 6, 2023: Community Task Force zoom call