January 18, 2022
CASH & INVESTMENTS
- This report is in your material for review. The report shows a general fund balance (the county operating fund) on January 14, 2022of $26,906,860. At this time last year, the general fund balance was $19,890,172.
- Finance Director, Jason Brown, has prepared the calendar for development of the FY 2022-23 Budget. Budget instructions will go out to on February 9; the recommended budget will be presented to the BOC and public on May 17; a public hearing on the budget will be held on June 7 at the BOC meeting; and, Budget Adoption is scheduled for June 21, 2022 to go into effect on July 1, 2022.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS & ACTIVITY
JUDICIAL BUILDING CONSTRUCTION
- Covid is causing a worker shortage at this critical phase of construction which may cause a slight delay over previous estimates of completion.
- For comparison purposes I am listing the mid-month reports from this month and December for Georgia and Gordon County.
The January 18, 2022 weekly numbers are
- Georgia cases increased by 96,039
- Georgia deaths increased by 211
- Gordon County cases increased by 642
- Gordon County deaths increased by 3
Below are the weekly COVID increase numbers December 20, 2021
- Georgia cases increased by 15,024
- Georgia deaths increased by 147
- Gordon County cases increased by 69
- Gordon County deaths increased by 1
- Harbor Road is now open.
REDBONE RIDGES LANDFILL
- Gordon County received the quarterly solid waste report from Republic for the period April-June 2021. The top contributors of waste to the landfill for the period were Gordon County at 24,413.79 tons; Fulton County at 22,366.91 tons and Bartow county 20,740.34 tons.
HAMILTON PHYSICIANS GROUP
- The Calhoun Campus of the Hamilton Physicians Group is hosting a groundbreaking ceremony on Friday, January 21, 2022 at 12:30 pm
JOB TAX CREDITS
- Gordon County has moved to a Tier 2 Job Tax Credit ranking from Tier 3. Under Tier 2, an employer must have at least 10 new net jobs to be eligible for a $2,500 per job tax credit. Under Tier 3, the requirement was 15 net new jobs for a $1,250 per job tax credit.
- Qualifying is open from March 7-11.
- Commissioner Cunningham and I met with neighbors on Thurman Dr.
- Mr. Bradford and I responded to complaints of turbid water discharge to State Waters on project Thor resulting in a stop work order until corrections are made.
- Don Holley and I participated in a hearing contesting the unemployment claim of a person who had voluntarily resigned from county employment.