September 20, 2022
CASH & INVESTMENTS
- This report is in your material for your review.
- Plans are in place for the Tax Commissioner to submit the digest after the County millage rate and tax levy are established by the BOC tonight.
SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS & ACTIVITY
- I attended the Institute for County and City attorneys for two days last week to get required continuing education training. Topics included: firearms in public facilities; public works contracts; elections law; 1st Amendment and public expression; annexation; zoning procedures; cyber security; construction law; public works contracts; judicial update; and legislative update.
- Drywall is almost complete on the first floor and will be continuing on the second floor.
GOVERNMENT & COMMUNITY AFFAIRS
- This committee of the Chamber of Commerce met last week. A qualified candidates' forum will be held on Monday October 3, 2022 at the Sonoraville Gym at 6 pm.
ONLINE PORTAL UPGRADES
- We continue to make progress on upgrades to digital and online services. We have recently added a feature to digitally record all county contracts for accessibility, track due dates and for ease of review. Construction of the GEO permitting portal is underway. The first department to go online will be the Ordinance Officer.
PUBLIC FACILITIES AUTHORITY
- The Public Facilities Authority met last week and approved an agreement with Comcast on the Broadband project.
PUBLIC WORKS COMMITTEE
- This committee met on August 18th.
SENIOR CENTER RENOVATIONS
- The SPLOST funded renovations to the senior center are continuing this month. Senior Center services continue to be provided by Gordon County at the Calhoun Rec.
JOINT COMPREHENSIVE PLAN AMENDMENT
- Calhoun and Gordon County held a joint comprehensive plan stakeholders meeting on September 15. We had a good attendance and looked at community strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.